For those design engineers who are looking to select the right components for application, choosing the right gearmotors can be one of the very difficult components to source out. There are a lot of types of gearmotors in the market that is screaming for your attention and in promising to be the most efficient with the highest quality and even boasting about high precision. Bauer gearmotors are one of the gear motors competing in the market. In order for you to have a clearer grasp on how to rate every brand in the market, here are some of the important considerations.
- Determine the application requirements. You may use an application for this process.
- Next, select the motor type. You may use a motor quick reference guide.
- After, select the matching speed as well as torque output for the gearmotors.
- Ensure that application yield strength and pull the torque match the application requirements. You may use vendor specifications and gear motor curve.
As the selection for the gearmotors begins, the designer should gather every relevant technical as well as commercial requirement. This first step is often overlooked but it is considered to be a very critical component in the process of design. The gathered design inputs information which will then be used in the process of selection and will eventually dictate the ideal gearmotors to be used in the application. Failure to gather the proper inputs usually lead the designer on an untended path. For this reason, it is very much helpful to use the Application Checklist when you are developing the gearmotors specification. These parameters along with the project specific requirements will help you in navigating the selection process.
Next, the designer should consider the type of gearmotors technology which will best suit the intended application. Using the design inputs, the Quick guide reference on gearmotors can be used in the selection matrix and is the first step in the decision process. This particular reference guide details four common types of gearmotors and provides general information to be considered when selecting every type of motor. Since every application has its own unique characteristics, it is imperative to determine which of the parameters are most important in the application which is under consideration. During the selection process of the gearmotors, by simply looking at the required speed as well as the torque of the application, it should be evident to the designer if the motor which he or she has chosen will require a gearbox in meeting the necessary requirements. If the gearmotors are necessary in the process of application, another level of complexity is added and there will be several additional criteria needed to be evaluated.
Conceptually speaking though, gearmotors can be matched and mixed as needed in order to ensure the best fit in the application. However, in the end, the complete motor is the main driving factor.
A printed circuit board is an electronic board used in an electronic gadget, device or instrument. It is called a printed circuit board because it contains an assortment of electronic components that are interconnected into an electric circuit, with the schematic circuit being printed on the board’s surface. Assembly of a PCB begins at the setup phase and ends with the printed circuit board testing, a process undertaken to ascertain the functionality of all components in the board.
Advantages of printed circuit boards over other circuit boards
The use of printed circuit boards in electrical and electronic appliances has numerous advantages, which include the following.
- Ease of use – Since printed circuit boards have all the components printed on the surface, they are easy to use, maintain and repair
- High reliability – Since PCB production takes an integrated and wholesome approach, the end products are known to offer highly reliable solutions in enhancing electrical connectivity.
- Minimal electrical faults – All components and fixtures in a PCB board are designed to offer a specific range of output. It is common to test for each component to ensure that its performance lies in the right output and input ranges, in terms of voltage, amperes or frequency. When printed circuit board testing has been successfully done, minimal electrical faults are expected whenever the board is used.
Printed circuit board testing is a critical part of the circuit board production process. It entails a variety of stages, whose wholesome execution leads to numerous advantages. These include the following:
- Ensures timely correction of electrical faults – Correction of faulty electrical faults in a circuit is an essential part of PCB production that helps in minimizing the errors and electrical faults.
- Production of high quality boards – When the components in a circuit board are thoroughly tested, the resulting board is likely to have high quality attachments. As a post-production requirement, it is always important to have all components in a circuit board tested prior to its use.
There is scientific evidence which suggests that maintaining indoor temperatures and providing higher ventilation rates is likely to increase the work performance of the people and also bring tremendous financial benefits for the company. JBS’s energy management control systems specialize in this particular service.
Indoor Temperature Control
The design as well as operational intent of energy management control systems is to maintain the temperatures near the comfort zone in nearly all of the thermally conditioned commercial buildings. However in practice temperatures, it is often significantly above the estimated 71 degrees Fahrenheit as this is considered optimum productivity. In the EPA building assessment survey and evaluation, a study which was conducted on 100 representative US office buildings found out that 33 percent of the indoor measurement sites located at the height of 4 or 5.6 feet above the floor had a workday maximum temperature which is at least 5 degree above 71 degree Fahrenheit and 72 percent of these work sites had a workday maximum temperature ranging at least 3 degrees Fahrenheit above the 71 degrees Fahrenheit. Temperatures which are below this suggested optimum level are quite rate. Only 1.4 percent of the work sites had a work day minimum temperature which is below the 65 degrees Fahrenheit block.
Indeed the key to having good energy management control systems is by following practices below:
- Heating and air conditioning systems which have sufficient capacity and should be maintained in order to meet heating as well as cooling loads.
- The large sections in a building should not be treated as a single thermal zone with the temperatures being controlled by a single thermostat as this particular practice will often result in temperature control problems.
- Thermostats should be accurately calibrated.
- Airflow to different sections of a building should be adjusted and balanced out as needed in order to maintain desired temperatures.
- Temperature control systems should be maintained and equally commissioned.
Provide Adequate Building Ventilation
Whenever possible, it is important to design a building in such a way that it can maintain building ventilation rates at or above the required minimum rates which are specified in the current applicable codes as well as professional standards. There should be periodic or continuous monitoring of the outdoor intake flow rates in air handling units or in the outdoor and indoor carbon dioxide concentrations is recommended in order to assure that the amount of ventilation is actually delivered at a consistent level with the standard design and operational intent. The outdoor air intake system should be designed in a way that is reasonably accurate and that the intake flow rates are very accurate. The typical reliance on the building design as well as the occasional air balancing when maintaining desired ventilation rate is typically not recommended since available data will indicate that the building and subspace ventilation are already within code requirements.
In order to enable commissioning, there should be adequate access provided to the air handler components for maintenance and measurements. The common anecdotal reports of the ventilation equipment failure and control problems are the need on the ongoing maintenance and commissioning.
Industrial air compressors make it possible to convert power into potential energy through compression of air into a storage tank. This energy can then be tapped for applications such as supply of clean pressure air for gas cylinders, diver gas driving pneumatic HVAC control systems, filling tires, etc.
Air compression as well is launched considering the different types of customers and to ensure that none gets frustrated industrial air compressors have come in different types although all could be driving to the same destination; air compression. This has brought about two important concepts that make things clear on the types i.e. pressure delivery and the design of the compressor and the principle it uses to achieve the key result.
In the case of the pressure that is delivered industrial air compressors have been manufactured to deal with or generate low pressure whereby the measurement determines how much and hence categorized as appropriate. There are also others that generate medium pressure. These ones are set not to generate either too much or too low hence lying on the medium. Probably there are customers with specific needs for the moderate compression hence they get served here. There are also others designed to generate high pressure.
The other major concept is manufacturing based on design and also, may be based on principle used when functioning to ensure results. For instance, turbo compressor won’t use the same concept or principle used by rotary screw compressor but both drive into achieving the desired results.
Anyway, this is just a general view to help understand the concept of variety and to get the practical part of it Reap Air Compressor Services Inc. provides all these top quality industrial air compressors hence a visit at them will give the opportunity for comparison and choice. Call them with inquiries and a professional will be able to answer all your questions.
Chemical resistant coatings manufacturers continue to develop new coatings and processes to provide for increased performance. Chemical resistant coatings have literally become the method to give poor materials the appearance of high performance. This is one of the reasons for the increasing demand for high performance chemical resistant coatings that provide both corrosion protection and cosmetic enhancement. An example of high performance coatings is HPCC or high performance composite coating that is widely used for maintaining and preserving the integrity of pipelines.
Advantages of High Performance Coatings
Chemical resistant coatings like HPCC are very popular because of their anti-corrosive properties that are very critical for metal substrates. Aside from corrosion protection, HPCC also ensures cathodic disbandment resistance and impressive metal adhesion. High performance composite coating is a powder-coated, multi-component coating that consists of a fusion bonded epoxy coating (FBE) layer, a medium density polyethylene outer layer and a tie layer with chemically modified polyethylene adhesive. The tie layer which is a blend of adhesive and FBE produces the physical interlocking of the components that ensures excellent adhesion to pipe surfaces. Aside from very low moisture permeability, the blend has inherent shear resistance properties, impact and cathodic disbondment resistance. FBE is widely used as protection for steel pipes that are used in pipeline constructions, concrete reinforcing bars and a wide variety of pipe connections.
Chemical resistant coatings use a proprietary process of applying the powder components using electrostatic powder coating techniques. As a result of the process, coating solidification from the front moves from the steel primer interface towards the outer surface. This tends to minimize voids and internal stresses which usually forms when the outer surface freezes before the bulk of the material. The polyethylene layer can withstand environmental conditions particularly impact during transport and installation of pipes. The typical thickness of the polyethylene layer is 500 µm up to several millimeters so that it can serve as a barrier against moisture and corrosion as well as mechanical protection and chemical resistance. The thickness of the polyethylene layer plays a critical role in the overall chemical performance of the high chemical resistant coatings. In fairly severe transportation and construction scenarios, the usual tendency is to use thickness of about 3 mm of low density polyethylene.
Application process of chemical resistant coatings
Several steps are required during the coating process of FBE coating. The first step is surface preparation where steel pipe is prepared through pre-warming in a hot water rinse. This is followed by abrasive blasting to achieve a near white metal finish with a specified anchor pattern. Blast cleaning is generally used for steel because it is an efficient method to remove rust and mill scale. After abrasive blasting, the pipe is inspected for defects like slivers which are removed through grinding. Phosphoric acid washing and deionized water rinsing are undertaken followed by induction heating based on the recommended powder coating application. Powder coating is handled inside a powder booth after which it is cured to ensure that the coating has adhered properly to the surface. After cooling through water quench, the pipes are inspected for quality conformance.
Horizontal boring mills are one of the most versatile machines in the industry as especially if the right tools and accessories are used for the job. When large parts have to undergone machining, this could take a lot of time but the production is enhanced with the help of technology paired with the machine. If the right accessories are incorporated into the horizontal boring mills, the machine is able to do multitasking such as drilling, milling, and boring not to mention threading which involves creation of prismatic parts.
It is undeniable that majority of the horizontal boring mills that are now used in various machining process in different industries are enhanced with the help of CNC technology or Computer Numerical Control technology. The machines’ performance as well as it productivity are positively affected with the incorporation of CNC technology. With the help of powerful processors used in the modern computers, processing time is greatly reduced which makes it possible for bigger programs to be used in order to design and create tools that are used for machining parts that are more accurate and more complex in nature. The power of CNC technology is so developed that it has now helped along the manufacturing supply line to perform better. For horizontal boring mills and its end users, the help of technology resulted to manufacture of parts with high level of accuracy as well as increase in speed without having to perform repetitions and no waste materials. The CNC software has the ability to control not just the axes of the machine but also the peripheral tools that are used such as milling heads and rotary tables. When the movements of axes are faster and precise, the boring machine will be able to produce more components in less than the usual time.
Here are some of the accessories and tools that have helped developed and affect the boring machine’s performance:
- Rotary tables. A table is generally made up of a bed, slide and a clamping plate that can rotate. Hydraulics is used in the table’s clamping system and is placed in various points in order to stop the process in certain cases. There is now a higher demand for rotary tables when performing boring operations because it is easier to machine large parts as well as those that have complex parts which require a high level of tolerance.
- Tilting spindle. This is one of the latest technologies used by boring machines. The latest one was manufactured for the sole purpose of creating hubs for wind turbines because it has the ability to go inside a work piece with a specified angle and still perform a difficult task not possible with other tools. Angular heads are now unnecessary with the use of tilting spindle coupled with CNC technology.
- Tooling. This is one of the most important aspects of boring operations and with technology it was improved further. The speed of the spindles is further improved with the aid of new coatings.
It goes without saying that computer numerical control (CNC) technology is playing a big role in the metal fabrication industry. The strength of a typical machine shop in Toronto is CNC because it allows fabricators to complete orders with speed and precision that would be literally impossible without the technology. Machine shops in Toronto gained the capability to meet the demands for complicated components with high accuracy and precision in large quantities. If you are implementing this technology, CNC machine parts offers parts of the system for your needs.
A brief insight into CNC machine parts
The design and construction of machines integrated with CNC technology varies from traditional machines used in a machine shop in Toronto. The most obvious difference is the computer that operates the CNC machine automatically without manual intervention. The computer includes a stored program that performs basic numerical functions according to what has been stored and saved on the memory. The microprocessor based control system accepts the set of programmed instructions then processes and sends the information to the machine tool. It ensures that there is proper motion, speed and operation control required for high performance levels. The job of the operator is to feed the program of instructions in the computer and to ensure that all the required tools are loaded into the machine. The operator need not even concern himself on the accuracy of the job on hand because the CNC machine is designed to perform the job with precision.
CNC Machine Parts – Working accurately to achieve High Performance Levels
Some of the more important parts of the CNC machine include the guide ways, feed drives, spindle and spindle bearings, measuring system, controls, software and the operator interface including the gauging tool monitoring. Machine shops in Toronto who are implementing CNC technology need all the necessary CNC machine parts to avoid downtime. The guide way is one of the important parts of the CNC machine because it makes sure that the cutting tool operative element moves along a predetermined path. High accuracy and precision is achieved through the linear motion guide way that provides the smooth linear motion on the machine tools.
The feed drive system is a critical CNC machine part because almost everything depends on the system from positioning accuracy, speeds of working motion, acceleration and smooth motion. Feed drives can meet very high standards required from the job particularly when there is a need to achieve zero deviation. Aside from the feed drive, a CNC machine also includes the spindle drive that provides the power to the main spindle for the cutting action. These drives in the automated system of the CNC machine can be electrical, pneumatic or hydraulic; however, in most machine shops in Toronto, electrical drives are preferred since they are smaller in size and easier to control.
The measuring system in most CNC machines consists of a platform, driving module and a set of optical scales with a detection module. The system provides a method of measurement to avoid critical errors on clearance, lost motion, pitch, driver gain or slip-stick. When the errors are detected, the shortcoming is solved immediately.
Known for being a top notch adhesive solution for mechanical fasteners like screws and bolts, threadlocker is a stuff you should have for your manufacturing machineries and equipments. It basically holds metal fasteners in place, thus avoiding those threads to fall-off. Without threadlockers, such parts of your machines will easily become loose because of continuous vibrations upon operations.
Huge Effects of Simple Threadlocker to Your Business
If threadlockers can help you to avoid parts of your machineries to become loose, you can also avoid experiencing downtime which can seriously affect the flow of your business. Moreover, it’s waterproof properties also protects metallic screws from corrosion, hence making them last longer and becoming more efficient on work.
Threadlocker Color Variants
Threadlockers comes in different variants; each being represented by different colors namely blue, red and green. They are classified depending on their properties, especially on the strength they can provide with their holds.
Red threadlocker has the strongest hold among the three. It requires huge amount of force for it to be removed, thus making it best for heavy equipments in your manufacturing company. On the other hand, the blue variant provides medium-strength hold and can be removed with medium force applied. This is perfect for light machines like bicycles because red can be too strong for it. Finally, the green variant comes in a more fluid form, thus making it best for application which requires penetration into smaller spaces. Parts in a machine must be assembled first before applying this variant, hence making it different from the first two that requires application before assembly.
If you still have some questions about this wonderful adhesive solution, you can connect with us in Invertech Canada Inc. We will be more than happy to assist you to have best results from threadlocker, thus helping you to have better operations with your manufacturing business.
Do you know that you can significantly improve your workflow if you work in a mobile home office? Here are some of the ways why you need a mobile office.
- You can have easier mobility. For times when you have to commute and take stuff and then move to a new location, you would know how beneficial having easier mobility would be for you. You do not need to dread packaging all of your stuff and having to move with all of your things. All you need to do is simply throw a few things in a bag and then head out.
- You can be less distracted. You will be less distracted since you will be stuffing with you lesser things in the mobile home office. Only the important tools will at your disposal. After all, you will not be relocating your entire office to a temporary job site. This will keep you from flipping through magazines, playing with different tools and other kind of distractions while you are doing your day job.
- Your focus will be increased. This advantage is just an extension of what was mentioned earlier. If you are less distracted, you will naturally increase your focus on the more important tasks or projects that are at hand. This is the main reason why being less distracted is very important for you: to increase your focus. Having a mobile home office is one of the best ways in order for you to escape distractions. You can actually pack up and leave an environment that is distracting and look for a less distractive surrounding. This will then allow you to focus more.
- You can accomplish more. This is one of the primary reasons why people get a mobile home office: to get more things done.
- You can improve on your work-life balance. When you have an office, your work and stuff related to non-work are usually separated. While this may be good for people who do not like their jobs, however, if you are passionate with what you do in order to pay your bulls, your work becomes part of your life. The use of a mobile home office will allow you to have a better balance on your work as well as non-work time.
- You get constant fresh inspiration. If you have a mobile home office, you can actually work from just about anywhere. You can have a lot of options as to where to station your office and you can certainly get your creative work done. You can easily move to a new location and the new surrounding will become your fresh source of inspiration. This is a human thing: lack of inspiration and creativity stems up from boredom and routine activities. Each one will get bored with repetitive environments.
- You can have more fun. If you have a mobile home office, you can actually take your work with you. You can go anywhere and have fun along the way. This is also a great opportunity for you to unwind and relax while at the same time processing your creative side.
Splines are the teeth one sees on gears. There are two major kinds found in a drive shaft, namely the external spline and the internal spline. These two kinds of splines interlock with one another and this action transfers force from external splines to the internal spline shafts.
Making internal spline shafts can be done using specialized tools called broaches. The following is a discussion on the kinds of broaches that carve out internal splines.
- Solid Broach. This tool in making internal spline shafts is made of one solid piece of metal.
- Shell Broach. This tool in making internal spline shafts is similar to a solid broach, with the exception that there is hole bored through the solid piece where it is attached to an external piece.
- Modular Broach. This tool in making internal spline shafts are similar to a shell broach with more pieces put together on the solid piece attachment.
- Concentricity Broach. This tool in making internal spline shafts is used to cut small diameters as well as the shape of the spline. This is used for precision cutting and concentricity.
One of the characteristics of internal spline shafts being cut is that the metal expands during the abrasion action and then contracts when done. This is a problem especially when doing precision cutting. To avoid this issue, a special kind of broach, called the cut-and-recut broach is used. The broach corrects the problem by cutting using the standard teeth followed by a breathing section to cool down the internal spline shafts. Then a second set of abrasives finish the internal splines cut into the shaft.
As can be seen, the broaches are used to make the internal spline shafts. These specialized cutting tools, through abrasion, creates the splines within a specific shaft. Utilizing the proper set of broaches ensures that the internal spline shafts created interlock properly and run smoothly when the gear shaft is used eventually.