Knowing your Quincy air compressor parts is very important before you purchase the machine as this will benefit your greatly. The type of air compressor that you purchase will also depend in how and where it will be placed to work. Understanding the different Quincy air compressor parts as well as their functions will be beneficial when deciding to buy one.
Compressor parts and functions
– Motor. The motor will drive the compressor and provide the main source of power so that the machine can compress the air.
– Storage tank. This will store the compressed air until it will be ready to use. The tanks will come in various sizes according to the air compressor that you will use.
– Drain. This compressor part will discard the excess water coming from the tank which is done by preventing moisture.
– Intake filter. This will clean out dirt so that air will flow and be compressed cleanly.
– Exit filter. This will remove any contaminated air in the air which is being compressed.
– Control value. This will control the air pressure inside the compressor.
– Switch. This will turn the motor of the compressor to a minimum air pressure and will also turn off the motor in a desired pressure.
When you have ample knowledge about Quincy air compressor parts as well as their functions, your shopping experience will be much easier and you will also be more successful. When installing the air compressor, the manufacturer can help you and send in technicians to your area.
Every business which utilize air compressor know full well that a maintained air compressor is one that works at maximum efficiency. Proper maintenance will be able to prevent problems at the same time save energy as well as repair costs. Most of the air compressors have maintenance schedules and also have procedures in handling each specific maintenance interval. Here are some ideas to follow when it comes to maintaining your air compressor. You need to schedule maintenance for baseline measurements to be taken in regular intervals.
– Filters usually designed specifically for pressure ranges.
– There are different units that have specific maintenance plans which should be directly followed as they are instructed in the manual.
– Ensure also that the power is off before you begin a maintenance plan.
– Ensure that the pressure in the machine is exhausted and that the source of power to the air compressor is locked out also.
– The maintenance often involves basic checking of the air compressor unit as well as its accessories.
– If there are any unusual vibrations or noises, these should be acknowledged during the maintenance checks.
– You should also drain excessive moisture inside the tank drain valve.
If you fail to use preventive maintenance for your air compressor, this will certainly lead to product contamination as well as lower quality in production. An air compressor whose output is off by just about 4 PSI will cost you thousands of dollars in energy costs.